Friday, August 27, 2010

CHADES CHALLENGE XXXIII:
HAIR-STYLISTS OF THE DEAD



"Just take a little of the t--"

Apologies for the tardiness of this post. I wasn't even going to do a drawing at all until I saw this contribution from the infamous Steve MacLeod (he's so famous, he's IN famous!):



And a ghastly coiffer from the reliably awesome Zane Yarbrough:



A late entry from the late Trip Park:


Added August 30:
Wow, the Chades Challengers just keep rolling in. This one's from character animator Lady Garland.


If you'd like to submit a zombified beautician, let me know, and I'll post it here. Or you can start work on CHADES CHALLENGE XXXIV: STAND-OFFISH PICKLES (to be posted Friday, September 10...honestly).


4 comments:

Lady Garland said...

Hey Austin! I'm so glad that you posted all of these amazing entries! I actually drew one up to at :www.ladygarland.com . Can't wait for the next challenge! XD

Josh (musarter) said...

These are all so great. I did not even see the challenge in the previous post...so many great possibilities. Keep the challenges coming.

Darrell said...

Right on!

Robert Moon said...

Thanks so much for commenting, Mario! You're friend Alex really does have some great gestures. He seems to get all of the essential lines down, which I especially admire.

I'm working on my portfolio for CalArts, and I can't seem to get control of any medium other than the pencil. Do you have any tips? Also, would it hinder my chances of impressing the CalArts admission faculty if my portfolio were done almost completely in pencil? I have a feeling I know the answer to that question, but I thought I might as well ask.

By the way, this post is great! I love how each of these artists took a different approach on the topic. Are you the ring leader of the CHADES challenge?